Re: how to fix / partition (cylinder problem start) on ssd

e Lpe <m2lepretre@gmail.com> wrote:

> fdisk -l report a warning message of the begining of the partition doesn't
> start on a physical cylinder on my ssd.

> Ignore ? Fix ?

Ignore, most likely.

> It's my / partition perahps if i resize it it'll be goog.

> Some advise ?

Show the output of "fdisk -u -l /dev/sdX" from the disk where fdisk
shows the "problem".

fdisk to this day is still locked in the old days and "thinks" of every
disk of having 255 heads, 63 sectors/track and want to align partitions
based on that.

This even does not make sense on rotational disks and even more so on
SSDs were you want to align your partitions along blocks of 1MB size.

But please show the exact output of "fdisk -u -l" and we will be able to
tell for sure.

Grüße,
S°

--