Re: OSS Versus ALSA Modules

Michael Lange <klappnase@freenet.de> writes:
> Adding snd-cs4236 to /etc/modules doesn't help?

Ha!! I totally forgot to look at that file. It's creation date is
in May of 2009 when I upgraded the system to whatever the version
of Linux was at that time. I am not sure it was even squeeze but
I had simply re-installed Linux from scratch at that time and the
only module in that file was loop plus a few comment lines. I put
snd_cs4236 there, rebooted and both cards showed up in the
correct order.

	I have certainly heard of /etc/modules but this is the
first time in Linux I ever needed to add a module to it. I think
it was around 2000 when I built my first Linux system so one
doesn't have to modify it often but it is wonderful that it is there.

Many thanks and I've learned a lot in the last few days

Martin