Re: Grub won't install

Lisi Reisz composed on 2016-05-18 23:40 (UTC+0100):

Can one still use grub-legacy with modern kernels?

It's what I'm using for launching all my Debians, Fedoras, openSUSEs, Mageias and more. Distros that no longer offer grub-legacy get installed here sans bootloader and get booted from an "alien" grub-legacy. However, all mine are either exclusively BIOS, or configured to boot a UEFI system in BIOS compatability mode, and all are using MBR partitioning.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/