Re: Grub won't install

I got the problem when installing Jessie on a computer with two hard drives. I want to  install grub on the mbr of the second hard drive but the installer says yes and do not install it. But it can be easely fix by Boot Repair.

lilo is ultra-ancient. I don't even know if it works with modern kernels.

Grub is definitely a huge pain in the ass. It gets an F on usability from me. I was struggling with it just yesterday while doing a bcache setup.

You didn't say what you were dual booting with. The other OS makes a difference.

GPT or MBR partition type?

Are you using a particular HOWTO/doc on your setup?

More info plz.