Re: Libreoffice mail merge not working

On Tue 17 May 2016 at 07:10:09 (+0200), Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 17/05/2016 02:54, Rodary Jacques ha scritto:
>
> > Sorry, I can't help you. But I suppose you know what you are doing,
> > using an instable distribution to work on a db.
>
> of course, I'm ready to deal with bugs. what I asked the list is a
> confirmation it is a real bug, and a hint whether it is better to
> reporting upstream or if it can be a Deb only issue.

I have no idea of exactly what you do during your mailmerge, but I
think what Rodary was suggesting might have been a script-driven
combination of database (like postgresql) and text processor
(like TeX/LaTeX) finished off with pdftk, to replace your use of
database (?) and word processor (LibreOffice).

The suggestion is that you have better control of more robust tools
than your present system, described as fragile, limited and, now,
broken.

I typed   mail merge latex   into google and got some interesting hits
on CTAN and stackexchange. However, it would be presumtuous to make
more than a suggestion.

> > Very nice, your web site.

... and you seem to be doing good work with FOSS.

(Disclosure: I'm not a java fan.)

Cheers,
David.