festival -- text to speech software

Assembled Wisdom!

'festival' is speech-synthesized software that has been around for
over 15 years, and I have installed it from my Debian jessie DVDs.
It worked splendidly for a while, but I have tried to install
new 'voices' and I have run into the following error;  I get
       {FND} Feature Token_Method not defined
when I try the simplest festival command.  I expect that there are
path difficulties involved . . .

Any help/suggestion provided will be greatly appreciated!

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
    "Laughter is the closest distance between two people."(V. Borge)