Re: configuring softwarecollections.org repository on debian jessie

On 2016-05-12, soko.tica <soko.tica@gmail.com> wrote:
> --001a1146456672df2d0532a72b01
>
> Hello list,
>
> I need to install a package (php54) on a VM running debian jessie (Here is
> why https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/web/multiplephp ). I have
> managed to install rhscl-php54-epel-6-x86_64-1-2.noarch.rpm through alien
> package, but don't know how to isntall
> php54 php54-php-mysqlnd. Repo rhscl isn't in /etc/apt/sources.list but in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ and I wasn't able to find php54 php54-php-mysqlnd. Any
> help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You are trying to install Red Hat packages on a Debian OS. What's more,
you are tring to install packages from Red Hat Software Collections,
which require manipulation of their environment to run properly. You'd
be much better off doing that on a CentOS machine.

Otherwise, prepare to enter a world of pain. :)

--

Liam