Re: Chromium. Good Alternative for Chrome?

On Thu, 12 May 2016, heqamilus@runbox.com wrote:

> Firefox/iceweasel is the best choice

Installed the new Firefox (and its repo) a while ago, but prefer it
only as a back up just like Iceweasel which I've since purged.  One
caveat being both used Adobe Flash which caused problems on some sites
I frequent -- not "current" enough.  No problem with Chrome/pepperflash
though.

> Anyway
> Google Chrome is based on chromium, so is a replacement

I was hoping that Chromium unlike Chrome might still be supported in
Wheezy.  I've since discovered, it's not.  Considering Opera now.
Looks like it uses pepperflash.  Unfortunately, don't know as yet, if
updates to Opera will also update pepperflash, too.  I'll be glad when
Flash is finally and totally abandoned.

I'm getting to the point now that I might just continue to use
Chrome, supported or not, until it stops doing the job.