Re: Chromium. Good Alternative for Chrome?

Chromium used to have screen reader acessibility which was useable with orca but that went away then speech-dispatcher support was available for a short time and now that's gone too. So long as you won't need screen reader accessibility with orca you should be good to go.

On Wed, 11 May 2016, Patrick Bartek wrote:

Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 21:57:22
From: Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Chromium. Good Alternative for Chrome?

Now that Google Chrome support has ceased for Wheezy (and others), and
since I have no plans to upgrade the OS for another 2 years when it
reaches LTS EOL, would Chromium make a decent alternative? Is it stable
enough for regular use?  I've never used it and opinions vary.
Everything I've read says Chromium is "cutting edge." Are we talking
"Unstable-like" to "Testing?" Or Fedora to Red Hat?

Any alternatives instead of Chromium?  I mainly desire
stability, security and longevity.  Already have the most recent
version of Firefox installed, but prefer it only as a back up.
Iceweasel has been purged.

Or, maybe, I'll just continue to use the old, unsupported Chrome.

Thanks.