Wlan0 problems

Last night, i was continuing my tightening of security according to the debain sites manual, and had pretty much finished with the securing networks part...today, i start up my laptop and no wifi?? In the taskbar, the wifi symbol has a question mark, hovering over it says disconnected...but it is up in ifconfig, althougb next to up it says Broadcast multicast (all caps) and it also says Link encap: ethernet, which i dont think it did before. Help lol