Re: Dual Boot Debian and Windows 10?

On 05/07/2016 10:51 AM, Brian wrote:
On Sat 07 May 2016 at 09:24:58 -0700, HP Garcia wrote:

I’m curious if you can setup Debian to dual boot with Windows 10.
Yes, you can. Are you curious enough to read the Debian installation
manual and search the Debian wiki?

A piece of advice. Don't set up a dual boot. Use Oracle's Virtual Box instead. I had a lot of trouble with dual boots in the past and only use that setup if I have a completely separate hard drive to dedicate to each OS. If you are putting everything on one drive use Virtual Box. It puts a nice wall around anything you put in it. If you don't like what you have done, a few key strokes will delete the whole thing. You will have to set up a shared folder in your system or designate existing folders as shared but if you read the instructions carefully it shouldn't be too painful a process. I keep an old copy of windows xp on my debian system for running the occasional package that isn't available on Linux. (AutoCad and Mathematica).

Virtual Box is in the Debian distribution.

Hope this helps

Gary R.