Re: Zero filling my HDD before installation

On 05/02/2016 05:00 PM, CD Lexi wrote:
> Hey everyone. I'm currently looking to switch to Debian from Windows. I
> used to love windows, but with every upgrade it seems I lose privacy,

Very good choice. Are you expert? If not try to check if you prefer to
use ubuntu instead.

How old is your laptop?

> My question is this:

Your laptop has a dvd drive? if yes you don't need to worry about your
usb key.

I suggest you to download the live version of debian, this allow you to
try debian before installing.

BTW, In liknux you can choose which Graphics Interface to have in your pc.

Using a live version will allow you tu choose the best for you.

You can get the live version from the official website:

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.4.0-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/

Regards.

H.