Re: Posting picture files

On Sunday 01 May 2016 07:28:40 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Sunday 01 May 2016 02:12:00 Gary Roach wrote:
> > I understand that I should not use attachments on debian-user or
> > send anything other than plain text files.
>
> I tried sending a screenshot 25 minutes ago.  It has not so far turned
> up. But another email I sent 5 minutes ago has turned up.  Whilst
> Debian Users list certainly accepts attachments, it does look as
> though it doesn't like screenshots.  Files over acceptable size??
>
> Lisi

That would be my guess Lisi.  Someone mentioned a size limit in the last
month or so, and I noted at the time that it seemed to be such a small
limit as to be essentially worthless, but I don't recall the exact
figure.  Usually when I need to post a screenshot, I'll smunch it with
jpeg until its being effected visually, and send that, which will
generally pass at srcfrg, but not here.  Which is a pity because the pix
doesn't lie, while a text description can and does get lost in the
translation between what I see and what my fingers type, and again as
what I type is translated into the language the reader halfway around
the planet thinks in.  If that fails, I'll probably put it on my web
page.  How well that works depends on the mood the filters at yahoo are
in today. It seems they've decided to excise urls from email posts of
late.  Vendor lockin ID10see? IDK.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)