Re: Is running spamassin on a home server a waste? (was ... Re: TCP/IP over Bluetooth)

Hi list,

I am running spamassassin in kmail. As I got several spam from my provider
although there is a spamfilter active, I trained my own spamfilter very well.

There are no false positives or negatives since many years.

However, some spammails still appear (about 2-3 a week), but this is no
problem and I use them to train my spamfilter better and better.

All Spam will be moved into the wastepaperfolder (or whatever that thing is
called).

Of course, a spamfilter is best set at the receiving mailserver, but I made the
experience, that all spamfilters from the mailproviders are low quality. I
suppose, these are all commercial products, and we all know, what quality
commercial products have, do we?

Hope this helps a little bit.

Best regards

Hans