Re: Installation of openssh-client stops with error in groupadd

	Hi.

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 19:25:48 +0200
Michael Luecke <ml@mluecke.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I restarted my computer today. I wanted to install lsof via apt-get
> and at least it configured openssh-client without failure. So I thought
> that problem fixed itself, but it didn't.
>
> I tried to add another group manually so I typed as root:
>
> # groupadd -g 1234 test
> groupadd: failure while writing changes to /etc/group
>
> and
>
> # strace groupadd -g 1234 test
> showed the known error:
> rename("/etc/group+", "/etc/group") = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)
>
> On 04/25/2016 10:57 PM, Reco wrote:
>  > /bin/fuser /etc/group
> # fuser /etc/group
> [ no output ]
>
>  > /usr/bin/lsof /etc/group
> # lsof /etc/group
> [ no output ]

Ok, then we'll have to do it hard way. Basically I want to make sure
that it's btrfs fault, not some mount output anomaly that hides
bind-mounted /etc/group.

unshare -m /bin/bash
mount -o bind / /mnt
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/proc
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/dev
chroot /mnt
strace groupadd -g 1234 test
exit
exit

'exit' should be done twice, first time to exit chroot, second time to
exit detached mount namespace.

Reco