Re: RECOMMEND: Wireless Home Router with VPN Built-In

My advise stands. Use a VPN client on the end devices.

On 26 April 2016 at 12:27, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Joel Wirāmu Pauling wrote:

> I don't suggestion running VPN (at least any with decent encryption )
> on the Wifi /AP. It will end up being a bottle kneck. i.E my Dual
> core MIP's 680hz Wireless AC running openwrt can barely push 12mbit
> through an AES tunnel.
>
> Keep the VPN endpoints on the more well endowed endpoints. If you
> need it as a backup purely for getting into the router, then SSH is
> fine.

I'll be the only user on the VPN.  It's mainly for when I use public
wifi on my phone or laptop, for security.  For Web and email mostly.
I might use it to access my home machine, too, but that would be rarely.
So, I'm not going to be moving large amounts of data over the
connection.

Thanks.