Re: RECOMMEND: Wireless Home Router with VPN Built-In

I have a Draytek Vigor 2820vn. Have had it for a few years now. Seems to be quite reliable. Has three types of WAN connectivity built-in - ADSL2+, Ethernet (for cable modems), and USB for mobile broadband dongles. And, as you requested, it does have a built-in VPN service and very configurable firewall.

Now, this particular unit will never support IPV6, and I think they may have stopped making it now. If I was in the market for a router today, I would go for the Vigor 2830 series. It is IPV6 ready, and all four of its Ethernet ports are gigabit ports (only one is on the 2820).

Anyway, I'm sure you will get *lots* of opinions about favourite hardware!

Cheers,

Paul.