Re: Posts don't show on list

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 08:35:31PM +0100, Joe wrote:
> Upload to a website, either your own or a public one. I don't use
> a public one, so I have no recommendation, but no doubt others will.
>
> It is a courtesy in any case, in any list or group, as some
> subscribers may have limited Internet capability, and should have the
> choice as to whether to download comparatively large chunks of data.

The purpose of this list is to provide help to other Debian users, more
often than not this involves sending log files, screen shots, or whatever
else may be needed to help solve the problem. Also the mails are archived
to help future googlers solve their own problems, this helps to avoid traffic
to the list. If the screenshots or logs are sent to a web site with a time
limit then the archiving of the message is a waste of time (and I suggest
a cause for extreme frustration).

This is a high volume list, so there is already a lot of data downloaded.

--
The media's the most powerful entity on earth.
They have the power to make the innocent guilty