Re: TCP/IP over Bluetooth

Hi Peter,

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 08:27:38PM -0700, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> …TCP/IP inside PPP on a Bluetooth connection is hypthetically
> possible.
>
> Has anyone tried it with a debian system on one end at least?

Yes; around 4 years ago I used to occasionally pair my Nokia E90 and
use it as a Bluetooth network device. That was with NetworkManager
under GNOME. I seem to recall it was detected without me needing to
configure anything (apart from the pairing), and it mostly worked,
although it was quite slow.

Since then I've switched to an Android phone and find either USB
tether or wifi access point performs better and are more reliable. I
see it still offers Bluetooth tethering but I've never wanted to
use it.

Cheers,
Andy

> The optimum programming team size is 1.
Has Jurassic Park taught us nothing?         — pfilandr