Re: Posts don't show on list

On 04/22/2016 07:48 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
If the client refuses to show you a mail, how would you go about to
solve it at the server level? And... would you want to complicate
a server setup just to cater to some client idiosyncracy?

(Note that I don't have any direct experience with gmail, so what
I know is just hearsay, but it explains nicely why folks on gmail
have some tendency to... stutter)

regards
- -- tomás

Okay, if this is some convoluted thing that Gmail does, then sure, I couldn't see complicating the Debian server just to overcome this. However, I think it would be nice if the Debian Mailing Lists homepage would have a simple one-line note alerting people to this... if people actually read the note, it could help them avoid the issue as well as cut down on this type of talk here on the list!

As a new Debian user there are additional items I would recommend in terms of beginner-targeted documentation... perhaps I'll get involved with the documentation team.

Harris