Re: My script almost works but spams the terminal its launched from if useing dash.

On Friday 22 April 2016 00:19:11 Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> On 17/04/2016 3:11 AM, Aero Maxx wrote:
> >> bin/mailwatcher > /dev/null 2>&1 &
>
> Perhaps better still...
>   bin/mailwatcher >& /dev/null &
>
> Without specifying STDOUT or STDERR you get both.
>
> ;-)
>
> AndrewM

I'll try that come next reboot Andrew, which likely won't be until a new
kernel is made available from the linuxcnc servers. The reversed order
   bin/mailwatcher >/dev/null 2>&1 &
has been working well for several days now.  No unwanted newlines have
been rx'd by the terminal that started it.

And the third and last of its elseif's was tested yesterday evening when
a niece up in NYS sent me a message.  It worked correctly.  That was the
target action. :)

Thank you AndrewM

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)