Jessie- iwl3945: could not read microcode: -12 (solved)

Hi All,

I had exactly the same problem as described by Markos.

Solution for me was to select in Grub "Advanced Options for Debian" and simply chose first option which in my case was "Debian .. with Linux 3.16.0-4-686-pae" and by selecting this it notified about missing firmware but didn't get stuck in that screen and followed with logging screen. I don't know what's the difference but could help someone else to get over this.

My PC is Acer Aspire 5633 WLMi.

BTW that precise description at the beginning is perfect. At least i know what package to look for.

Only pain I came across with Jessie was to add user to sudo group as I had to reboot pc in "recover mode" otherwise there is no other way to add that user to sudo group or at least I am not aware of but this would be different issue.

Another thing as suggested on Debian website when downloading firmware for Wifi adding source to synaptic but that didn't work for me or I don't know how to do it yet.

Vlad.