Re: Beginning of the End for Wheezy [sigh!]

On 04/16/2016 03:27 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:

Much to my regret (and others, too, I'm sure), yesterday, on 15 April 2016, the beginning of the end began for Wheezy. Google, as announced months ago, finally ceased support for its browser on Wheezy.  I double checked just to be sure, and in the course of that check also discovered "official" Debian support for Wheezy will cease in a little over a week on 26 April 2016 -- just 3 years after its release.  However, it will automatically enter LTS until 2018 at which time all support ceases and EOL "officially" occurs.

Well, at least I have time to look for an alternative. Maybe, Devuan will be viable by then, but I doubt it.  Or Debian will offer a choice of inits as a standard option during installs on future releases, but I very much doubt it.

Ubuntu using upstart,
trusty   14.04 LTS Release Date 2014-04-17 End Of Life 2019-04
precise  12.04 LTS Release Date 2012-04-26 End Of Life 2017-04
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu 14.04 - KDE 4.13.3 - EXT4 at sda5
Registered Linux User #380263