Re: Iceweasel security updates?

On 04/12/2016 11:06 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 12 April 2016 15:14:08 Harris Paltrowitz wrote:
I tried Firefox 45 last week but as you may remember from my recent
emails, I experienced major issues with choppy videos in Youtube using
Firefox 45, but not with Iceweasel 38.7.1.  I've since done a Debian
re-install and I want to start fresh using optimal applications, so I'd
like to stick with 38.7.1 (as it appears to be more compatible with
Jessie) but I'm curious about the security updates to it.
Would firefox-esr (same site) solve that?  I wouldn't bank on many updates for
iceweasel now it is somewhat deprecated.

Lisi

I realize now that the selection list on that Mozilla/Debian website has several release options that I don't understand -- besides esr/45 (which is the version I had problems with) there's release, beta and aurora. Do you know what the differences are here?

Cheers
Harris