Iceweasel security updates?

Hey all,

Recently when I started using Debian I noticed that the version of Iceweasel that Jessie comes with is 38.7.1, whereas the latest Firefox is 45. I also noticed that when I visit www.citibank.com using Iceweasel 38.7.1 the Citibank website tells me that my browser is out of date and not supported, and that "for a better online banking experience" I should update my browser. However, this appears to be just a warning as the site appears to allow me to log in to my account, although I haven't tried this yet as I'm still trying to determine whether Iceweasel 38.7.1 is secure enough for online banking... or whether I'm just being too paranoid!

The Firefox website says that Firefox 38.7.1 is an ESR release (in fact it was evidently just released on 3/16/16); I therefore assume that security updates will be continuously provided for it until it reaches end of life, after which I would move to the next browser version that Debian officially supports.

Is it therefore safe to assume that Iceweasel 38.7.1 will be receiving all relevant/important security updates, which should therefore make me feel comfortable using it for online banking?

Thanks in advance.
Harris