Re: System freezes after update to Jessie 8.4

> It now crashes /usr/bin/X after a minute or so of using iceweasel.

   I'm also getting the same type of random lockups though I haven't isolated
it to Iceweasel (though FWIW, Iceweasel is typically running when it locks
up).

   Like you, the system was rock solid until the 8.4 upgrade (which went
smoothly); the xorg process turns zombie and this is with a box using a Radeon
HD 4250.

--
"So, make a real effort to avoid getting sucked into all the expensive
lifestyle habits of typical Americans. Because if you do that, then people