Re: unattended aptitude

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016, Jean-Louis Mas wrote:

     aptitude -y -o Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef -o
Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold safe-upgrade

We use this command with apt-get instead of aptitude for our debian
servers since February. It works fine so far.

We sometime have trouble, for example with nslcd security update this
morning were the restart service messed up.

We don't know if it's related to our command, the debian package,
systemd or something else. We're still trying to find the culprit.

  hi Jean-Louis,
  I think that with this option (or with --force-confnew),
  one must look carefully at the differences between the .dpkg-dist
  config files and the keeped ones.

  This may help you to find the culprit.

best regards,
--