page up down keys fail to work in gmail

While trying to read gmail in Iceweasel, the page up and page down
keys do not work under some special circumstances. I am wondering if
you can reproduce the issue and help me understand whether it is a bug
in Iceweasel or in gmail.

Steps to reproduce
1) Start Iceweasel and log in into gmail.com

2) Search for something that results in a lot of hits. For example, I used
  in:unread label:debian-user
which results in thousands of hits for me. Not sure if this matters,
but I configured gmail to display 100 messages per page.

At this point, I am able to scroll up and down using Page up/down buttons.

3) Click the ">" button at the top left to display the next 100
messages (i.e. 101-200).
Now Page up/down no longer work.

What does not reproduce the issue:
If I search for in:unread (as opposed to in:unread label:python-list)
and go to the next 100 messages, then page up/down keys work
correctly. So the problem seems to be query specific.

My current work around:
After displaying the 101-200 messages, if I left click in some empty
space of that window then page up/down work again.

System Information:
  % iceweasel --version
  Mozilla Iceweasel 38.7.1

  % uname -a
  Linux hogwarts 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u4
(2016-02-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

  % cat /etc/os-release
  PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)"
  NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
  VERSION_ID="8"
  VERSION="8 (jessie)"
  ID=debian