Re: Modified Rapture<g>, and a new question

On 04/02/2016 10:50 PM, Alan McConnell wrote:

> [...]
getting network running,
configuring /etc/apt/sources.list
and doing apt-get update, then aptitude to install software
would be the easiest thing.

the ones in mine are:
```
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
```

You may have to vary.
(may have to be stable for stable distribution and maybe servers in your region for faster access)

There are ways to set up apt to use removable drives, but I forgot how2 do that.
It's likely how to use that thumb drive you got.
Try the apt/aptitude manual page(s).
oh, also apt.conf and apt-cdrom...