Re: systemd troubleshooting (was ... Re: computer cann't shut down)

On Mon 28 Mar 2016 at 17:02:46 (+0100), Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 28 March 2016 16:37:16 David Wright wrote:
> > I'm not interested
> > in spending my time answering your easy-to-pose rhetorical questions
>
> The whole point of rhetorical questions is that they are not in fact questions
> and do not require an answer, and more than any other type of statement.

Strictly that is true. However, questions on a mailing list like
this one are posed in different ways. Some are directly asking for
information, some are anything but, and there's a spectrum in
between. My saying "rhetorical question" is a shorthand way (two
words) of giving you an idea of where on that spectrum I think
questions lie.

>From the wiki: "Though a rhetorical question does not require a direct
answer, in many cases it may be *intended to start a discussion* or at
least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the
intended message." (my emphasis.)

Cheers,
David.