Re: systemd troubleshooting (was ... Re: computer cann't shut down)

On Mon 28 Mar 2016 at 20:58:13 (+1300), chrisb@localhost.localdomain wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:00:53AM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> > Now, every time there's a security fix, you're going to be quizzed
> > over what to do about your modified configuration file because Debian
> > wants to overwrite your modified /etc/systemd/system/foo.target.
>
> Umm, guess what the normal current behaviour is.
>
> > Or at some time in the future, you decide to revert to the Debian
> > version.
>
> It's more often than not a particular feature or option you want to
> change, right?
>
> > You have to juggle the files /etc/systemd/system/foo.target
> > and /etc/systemd/system/foo.target.orig instead of just removing
> > the link /etc/systemd/system/foo.target -> /lib/systemd/system/foo.target
> >
> > > or
> > > /usr/share/doc/systemd/system/halt.target.default ?
>
> You do comment your configuration files, right?
> Also do you delete old configuration options or comment out the line?
>
> [snipped personal preference stuff]

Snip away. I said in my posting
that I was expressing my own views on the way links are placed in
/etc/systemd/ to override the defaults in /lib/systemd/.
John Hasler asked a specific question, albeit rather open-ended,
which I answered in specific terms, making necessary assumptions.
If you don't like the methods, don't use them. I'm not interested
in spending my time answering your easy-to-pose rhetorical questions
(two of which immediately follow a line that I didn't write) with
well-thought out replies.

After all, you haven't clarified your point in the same post.

Cheers,
David.