Re: x86_64 vs i386 now firefoxish

On Tuesday 22 March 2016 18:43:54 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> > What do I put in /etc/apt/sources.list to gain access to the newer

> > one?

> So far as I can see, you can't, not in Wheezy. The one you have is

> the most recent available via the repo.

> http://mozilla.debian.net/

> You could always use Firefox, as is now recommended. For instructions

> see the hyperlink I have referenced. That will give you 45.0.1.

> You could presumably download iceweasel_44.0.2-1~bpo70+1_i386.deb and

> install it with dpkg -i, but why? If Debian and Mozilla have made up,

> why not just accept it and use Firefox as Debian is now telling you to

> do? It takes a bit of getting used to, but why perpetuate a quarrel

> which is over?

> Lisi

It went to the mozilla site and pilled 45.0.1 but it was a tar.bz2, which when unpacked, did not have an installer script that I could find.

It looks to be prebuilt and ready to rock & roll, but where, and with what utility do I install it with?

Next?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)