Re: x86_64 vs i386

On Monday 21 March 2016 12:08:15 The Wanderer wrote:

> >> What do you mean by that?
> >>

> >> Stefan "who still uses 32bit userland pretty much everywhere"
> >
> > You haven't noticed there have been no updates to the 32 bit stuff
> > in quite a while?
>
> Where?
>
> You confirmed in another mail that you're referring (at least in part)
> to the chromium package, and to an apparent decision by Google
> upstream to drop 32-bit support in Chrome. (I haven't heard of this
> elsewhere AFAIK, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me.)
>
> The version of chromium:i386 in testing is the same as the version of
> chromium:amd64 in testing (49.0.2623.87-1), and the chromium binary
> from the latter package is timestamped March 9th, so it's less than
> two weeks old.
>
> Am I looking in the wrong places, or do we just have significantly
> different definitions of "quite a while"?

No, its far more likely that because this system says its a 32 bit
system, google is refusing to show me the amd64 version. But I need ti
figure out how to re-install the 32 bit iceweasel because thats what my
bank expects, unless someone can tell me how to import the iceweasel
saved site list and passwds into Chromium.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)