Re: Installing newer kernels

On 03/18/2016 07:03 PM, David Wright wrote:
Well, this Pentium III is the last machine I had on my desk at work,
so I'll probably run it until it dies, for sentimental reasons.
I'm retired; you're probably running machines for professional
reasons, which carries responsibilities I no longer have.

I'm don't work on computers for pay any more -- my vocation is electrician (when work is available). So, my SOHO network and computers are a hobby (vice?).

I can understand your reasons for favouring reinstallations, BTW.

And I can understand the reasons for dist-upgrade. It's nice that we have more than one choice. :-)

David