Re: flash? [OT]

On Wednesday 16 March 2016 12:54:07 Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2016-03-16, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am on Jessie. hal, libhal1, libhal-storage and hal-info from an Ubuntu
> >> PPA gave me access to 4od. My belief is that hal on Wheezy doesn't have
> >> what it takes.
> >
> > Thanks, Brian!  I'll try it.
> >
> > I did have Channel 4 working well on Wheezy (my desktop), but have never
> > managed to get it going on Jessie (my television).  Channel 4 on Wheezy
> > suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago after an update.  So I am back
> > to not being able to get 4oD at all. I can get live programmes by
> > actually using the television!!  I watch catch-up a lot more than live
> > programmes.  (I don't watch either much!  But as I get older and more
> > decrepit I watch more. :-(  )
> >
> > I have tried various things on Jessie without success.  I'll have another
> > go with your list in hand.
> >
> > Lisi
>
> I've just tried Channel 4 using Google Chrome[1] on jessie, and it seems
> to work. I say "seems" because the site prompts me for account details I
> don't have, whereas iceweasel/firefox on the same machine didn't even
> get that far.
>
> 1: deb [arch=amd64] http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main

Ah, yes.  But after you have logged in and you click on "play", a nice little
round white thing will start to go round in front of the picture you want to
watch, and round, and round, and round ...  until eventually you will realise
that a rotating white almost-circle is all you are going to get.

Anyhow, thanks Liam.  I'll try again this afternoon in case the latest upgrade
has actually done the trick.

Lisi