Re: flash? [OT]

On Tuesday 15 March 2016 19:58:18 Brian wrote:
> On Tue 15 Mar 2016 at 08:57:20 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > Even Channel 4, which relies on advertising for its revenue, is totally
> > indifferent to the fact that Linux users can't watch it on a computer.
> > Well, Brian probably can.   But he hasn't let the rest of us into the
> > secret.
>
> I am on Jessie. hal, libhal1, libhal-storage and hal-info from an Ubuntu
> PPA gave me access to 4od. My belief is that hal on Wheezy doesn't have
> what it takes.

Thanks, Brian!  I'll try it.

I did have Channel 4 working well on Wheezy (my desktop), but have never
managed to get it going on Jessie (my television).  Channel 4 on Wheezy
suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago after an update.  So I am back to
not being able to get 4oD at all. I can get live programmes by actually using
the television!!  I watch catch-up a lot more than live programmes.  (I don't
watch either much!  But as I get older and more decrepit I watch more. :-(  )

I have tried various things on Jessie without success.  I'll have another go
with your list in hand.

Lisi