Re: "A Modest Proposal" - was [Re: flash? [OT]]

On 3/15/2016 11:45 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 15 March 2016 10:35:12 Richard Owlett wrote:
On 3/15/2016 3:57 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
[snip]

The BBC isn't going to take a blind bit of notice if Brian and I don't
watch Happy Valley.  It really isn't going to care.  It has its licence
money.

Even Channel 4, which relies on advertising for its revenue, is totally
indifferent to the fact that Linux users can't watch it on a computer.
Well, Brian probably can.   But he hasn't let the rest of us into the
secret. [snip]

Have any that think flash is inferior actually written a polite
letter {preferably the snail mail variety] to a senior executive
(President, CEO, COO, etc) of the content provider?

And in the context of my posting "the content provider" would be?

Do you really think that no-one, out of 60,000,000 potential users, a few of
whom use Linux, has thought of asking???  But tell me who you think the
content provider is, and I'll try again.  I admittedly used electronic means.
The BBC has improved things.  At least we can now get it.  (As opposed to not
getting it at all.)

Lisi

I was trying to make my response as generic as possible.
There is another philosophy re "How to effectively complain".
The useful answers tend to resemble "Follow the money".

I'll give an example from over 50 years ago. ;)
My father was having problems with service from the local Ford dealership.
A business trip took him to Detroit.
He walked into Ford corporate HQ saying "I have a problem."
By the time he got home, he had multiple responses saying "How can I help?" !!!

For an explicit response to your question, before you clicked on a link, whose logo was most prominent? They have likely paid cold hard cash to someone. I doubt they would appreciate paying someone to trash their reputation.