howTo use cabal-debian to install pandoc-include.cabal

I've reached the limits of my ability. I installed cabal-debian. Then
downloaded pandoc-include from github in order to enable pandoc to
convert a .tex file with includes to Word. In the pandoc-include-master
directory resulting from an unzip, there is a pandoc-include.cabal file.

Directions say to run cabal install pandoc-include. I try $ cabal-debian
install pandoc-include and it does not work because pandoc has no
install option. What am I doing wrong?

Haines Brown