Re: Tails -- wheezy based good, jessie based bad

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:02:54 +1100 Andrew McGlashan
<andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

> Just reporting that I have a couple of older machines that both work
> well with Tails 1.8.2 -- an old Thinkpad that used to run XP and an
> old Macbook Pro 4,1 (early 2008).
>
> Both machines fail on Tails 2.x -- the Thinkpad gets further than the
> Macbook Pro.  2.x is based on Jessie.

This is indeed strange, considering the fact that Jessie works fine on
both of these models. Are there any suspect Tails-specific
functionalities which may be the cause?

When you say "fail", what do you mean? Do they both refuse to boot?
Blank screen? Stuck on login? What?