Re: How to install Perl with readline support?

On 03/12/2016 09:06 AM, John L. Cunningham wrote:
I have to say that I usually just install perl modules from CPAN.

I have found that installing foreign software (including CPAN distributions) is a good way to destabilize Debian systems. So, I keep my most important machines "Debian clean", backup/archive religiously, and pick a specific machine (or dedicated VM) for non-Debian software experiments.

David