Re: SOLVED Re: how to autologin with systemd?

Am 29.02.2016 um 10:35 schrieb Gregor Zattler:
>> (The error message in Michael's response is helpful, too.)
>
> I couldn't decipher it but thanks to Michael for the hint to
> journalctl which I did not use till now.

Some hints how you can troubeshoot/solve such issues yourself:
- Check the journal, limit it to the unit (-u) which causes the problem.
- Check the documentation. The journal was complaining about ExecStart.
Open "man systemd.directives", search for ExecStart, note it's
documented in systemd.service. Read the ExecStart= section in the
systemd.services(5) man page.

There is also an online version [1], with cross-references and all,
which makes this even more convenient.
Keep in mind though, that the online version is for the latest upstream
version, atm that's v229.

Michael

[1] https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.directives.html

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.directives.html#ExecStart=