Laptop screen doesn't activate when disconnect from external monitors

I've my Thinkpad T430 connected to a docking station, which itself is
connected to two external monitors. When I dock my laptop the laptop
screen is blacked out and the two monitors starts showing the desktop.
No problems here.

But when I disconnect the laptop from the docking station the desktop
doesn't return to the laptop screen. I've to reboot for the desktop to
return to local screen. But if I reconnect the thinkpad to the station
the image return on the external displays.

I think that xrandr is trying to output the desktop on the two monitors
that doesn't "exists" after I've disconnected the computer. Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
--
Best regards,