Re: Debian and Firefox/Iceweasel

On 25/02/16 06:38 PM, arian wrote:

Debian's Gnome uses Iceweasel much like Windows uses IE.
I'm not really sure what you mean. It's Debians default browser in the way I think IE is currently Windows' default browser, but it's not used outside of being used as a browser. Many programs use some flavor of webkit for the like of displaying help pages. Which is what IE also does or at least did on Windows.
To clarify, IE is tightly integrated into Windows so that it can't be fully removed. Firefox/Iceweasel doesn't have that integration. If you don't like a browser, don't use it. Since the OP liked Netscape, perhaps he may consider Seamonkey?