Re: Warning Linux Mint Website Hacked and ISOs replaced with Backdoored Operating System

Hi,

i have to revoke some of my criticism towards Debian's signed
hash value lists.
Together, MD5, SHA1, SHA256, and SHA512 provide up to 132 bytes of
uniqueness (assumed that they have no systematic correlations).
I could imagine that PGP is easier to surpass than that.

Well, according to wikipedia, MD5 is meanwhile only a barrier tape
which distinguishes curious bystanders from intentional attackers.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas