Re: Missing pulse-audio-bluetooth package

Bug report submitted.

Thank you Reco.

        Hi.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:17:27 -0500
Pierre Thibault <pierre.thibault1.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am on Debian stable AMD 64 8.3. I had a problem using my bluetooth
> headset. I was able to pair the headset successfully but the headset was
> disconnecting instantly each time I was trying to connect it.
>
> I found that installing the package pulseaudio-module-bluetooth was solving
> this problem.
>
> I would like to report this as a bug. Could you help me doing so properly?

I suggest you to file a bug against bluez package, reasons being:

1) Back in squeeze bluez depended on bluez-audio package (it was a weak
dependency, "Suggests"). Said "bluez-audio" package played the same
role as today's pulseaudio-module-bluetooth, i.e. - provided sound over
Bluetooth connection.

2) pulseaudio-module-bluetooth is the only Debian package which provides
aforementioned functionality.

3) Judging by "apt-cache rdepends" result, about the only package that
can bring pulseaudio-module-bluetooth into one's system is bluedevil,
KDE frontend to pulseaudio. And current "favorite" Debian Desktop
Environment is GNOME.

Suggested resolution of such bug report should be (IMO of course)
addition of pulseaudio-module-bluetooth to Suggests field of bluez, as
playing sound over Bluetooth is not the only use case of Bluetooth.

Reco