Re: How to tell the system to load right name for wireless card?

Hi, this may be a problem on the kernel level having nothing to do with debian. Reason I write this is the computer I use has a ralink adapter card attached to it which is wireless and it's talkingarch linux and I have situations where sometimes the card gets loaded properly on talkingarch and sometimes it does not. Thanks for the lspci -k info, I'll use that when I reboot and the card does not get attached correctly next time and see if the system like yours finds no network card when that happens. In my .bashrc I put ping -c 5 www.google.com|grep % to test if I have a network connection on reboot or power up because of this situation now I'll do a little more testing and report what I find here.

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016, German wrote:

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 02:31:45
From: German <gentgerman@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: How to tell the system to load right name for wireless card?

Hi list,

A couple of days ago I asked why my pc changes the wireless card name.
It switches between AR9285 ( right) and AR5008 ( wrong). Someone
suggested  that this is because another kernel module is loaded by
mistake. Well, it is not the case. When system identified with AR9285,
it loads ath9k and I can connect to the router. When system identifies
my card as AR5008, no kernel module is present at all ( lspci -k). The
wrong card name occurs only when system rebooted. If I gracefully shut
down the system, it always comes up with a right name for the card
( AR9285). So, how to force the system identify my card right no matter
if I reboot or shut down? Thank you.