Re: Extundelete

Am Dienstag, 16. Februar 2016, 08:49:33 schrieb Susan Cragin:
> Fooling around, lost "susan" folder. Want folder back. May have recursively
> deleted everything in it. Want txt org and a couple other extensions. (I've
> got days-old backup but want to try recovering files.)
> So, extundelete or something else?
> or
> Which Linux-on-a-stick has the best recovery tools?
Hi Susan,

maybe there is another way, but this is my suggestion in short:

- boot from another live linux (I suggest Caine)

- make a file from the partition with dd.

- copy this file on a external harddrive

- with a linux system you can should use the program foremost to get the lost
files from that image

If you use Caine version 7, there is a graphical tool named hb4most, which is
a graphical tool for foremost and scalpel.

This would be my way, it is rather complicated and you need a little
experience. It is nothing for noobs.

However,

good luck!

Best