Re: I need help

On Friday 12 February 2016 17:58:06 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > And, "I need help" better applies to "I need help" to stop people
> > posting messages with useless subject lines like "I need nelp".
>
> This looks like unnecessary, gratuitous bashing. It looks like
> venting of frustration. I'd suggest (look, ma: no imperatives)

:-) ;-)

> to just let it be. This list is here to help each other and even
> (gasp!) newbies. If you don't feel like helping that's OK.
> Don't help, then.

The main argument is that it is less helpful to the enquirer.  A subject line
needs to tell people what help is needed, as has been said, in order to
maximise the help and attract those who are likely to be able to be helpful.

Anyone who just doesn't like it, has a delete key.

The rest of us could actually, now I think of it, change the subject line to
something more indicative - and I shall try to do so in future, provided, of
course, that I understand the question. ;-)

Lisi