Re: Problem while installing additional packages from .iso (USB stick) after successful stretch install

[...]
>> When I put different forms of identifying the USB stick into the
>> sources.list apt says something like "there is no driver for that
>> device
>> installed" or "there is no release file" (when I put
>> file://var/lib/apt/lists directory) and does not proceed. But the
>> installer correctly used this USB stick. I can't figure out how to work
>> around that, or what's going wrong. Do you have an idea?
>> I read the install.txt from beginning to end, but I couldn't find any
>> hints on this issue.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Stephan
>>
>> P.S. Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

> I would mount the .iso image and point the apt to the mount point:
>
> mount -o loop -t iso9660 /mnt/usb_stick/debian.iso /mnt/cdrom

Thanks, Alex. I have pointed apt to the said mountpoint but now it tells
me

W:The repository 'cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing_Stretch_-Official
Snapshot amd64 DVD Binary-1 [[date/time]] stretch Release' does not have a
Release file.
W:Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
details.

I guess I have to look for such a release file in the repositories and
download it. Or is there any other solution you'd consider?

By the way, there isn't any Stretch related key in the
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d file invoked by apt-key list. Maybe I have to
search manually for that key. But the DVD.iso should have any form of
Release file, shouldn't it?

Have a sunny nice saturday

Stephan