Re: Debian and Apple

On 02/04/2016 01:42 PM, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Does someone has some expe!ience using Debian and an Iphone? I mean:
what about data synchronization, iTunes, etc.? With iOS 8, it was
possible to exchange data; now with iOS 9 on Jessie, it doesn't seem to
work anymore. So do you have some ideas or feedbacks?

I wrestled with getting data out of various iOS devices using Jessie a few months back. I needed to install gvfs, connect a device with a USB cable, use a file manager to open the root of the device, leave the file manager window alone (if I started browsing the device's file system, files and directories would disappear), open a terminal, and rsync out the stuff I wanted. It was a very brittle process.

David